What they’re LOOKING for
This is a key position within the UKB Sales & Business Development function with responsibility for professionally and commercially managing the sales function at UKB able to demonstrate ROI. Setting and meeting sales targets and ensuring the appropriate actions are taken to keep the sales force on track including addressing areas of poor performance up to.
The chosen individual will require appropriate sales skills to support sales personnel on key sales. Able to open, negotiate and close opportunities.
What’s on the TABLE
- To manage a small field sales team ensuring targets and KPI’s are clearly set out.
- Ensuring that targets are met and that reports are regularly provided to management
- Ensuring that all activities are professionally tracked and can be reported on in salesforce
- To ensure that there is a reward structure in place which drives and motivates the team to achieve the best results
- To address areas of poor and good performance with the support of HR
- To mentor and support the sales team in developing their abilities and where necessary, getting involved in higher value/bespoke sales which require commercial negotiation skills
- To operate a sales team which clearly adheres to commercial principles. Ensuring that the team is working effectively in terms of time allocation and focus.
- To ensure a close working relationship with product management and marketing, feeding back information and providing/receiving support
This role is likely to take on responsibility for managing a telesales team in the future
What YOU need
- Proven background in business development/sales management essential within a Telco/Technology company
- Previously worked with wireless technology and network build – could be ISP/WiFi/small telco business etc
- Experience within a small and fast growing business
- Proven success in driving revenues – strong track record of profitable business development
- A strong and persuasive communicator with good presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience in managing small sales functions from start up through early stage growth
- Commercial approach – highly numerate, organised and structured in approach – understands the commercial upside and can differentiate opportunities
- Must demonstrate a hands on approach – ability to deliver
- Leads by example – strongly results orientated