What they’re LOOKING for
Getting quick and accurate GPS fixes in built-up areas or indoors is one of the key challenges faced by the location market today. Our client, is currently developing a range of effective and cost effective solutions in order address this.
Their first product, is an intelligent pure software solution for locating mobile devices in areas where GPS coverage is inadequate.
Through the exploitation of all available location data − whether GPS, A−GPS, Wi−Fi, Bluetooth and proprietary software − a client maximises the location information, wherever you are.
What’s on the TABLE
Key requirement for this position is experience with the most recent positioning and navigation applied research using Geographical information Systems and statistical analysis. You should have experience in
• ArcGIS mapping platform
• Strong OO programming skills with languages such as Java/C++
• Software development using various levels of maps such as openstreet, google etc.
• Software development experience in portable GPS navigation systems such as Tomtom/Garmin etc.
• Outdoor/Indoor Positioning/Navigation system algorithms development
• Familiarity with GPS and other wireless positioning systems
• Experience with database development
• Experience with the most recent positioning and navigation applied research, GIS and statistical analysis
What YOU need
A start up based in Edinburgh and Cambridge, which has just raised a second round of funding. It's an exciting and exhausting time for them. Please email us for more details.